Thursday 21 January 2010

New Year's Resolution

On the basis that a resolution shared is one more likely to be kept, I am hereby declaring my resolution for the year 2010. That is that when I am in England I will spend 30 minutes a day learning Czech.

I have come to the conclusion that hard slog and systematic work is the only way to come anywhere learning this infernal language. So 30 minutes a day it is.

I know that certain Czech friends will read this (you know who are!) and so I will feel obliged to keep this particular resolution, unlike all those others that fail even before January is out.

I hope I don't live to regret this!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Repeat after me....diky noc! dobroe den....ahoj!

Anonymous said...

Ah ha! I WILL watch your resolution with great pleasure :-)
You-know-who....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...